Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A day of sewing AND.....

I was just trying to do some sewing. I have had material to re-do Goose's room for
months and months. Just at the moment I thought hmmm where are my other pair
of sewing scissors I looked up to see my littlest coming with the broom and dustpan.
When asked what she was doing her response was,"Just sweeping up my hair I
giveded myself a haircut". Thank heavens I had pulled some hair up that day or this
really would have been disastrous. Those darling curls felt like a horror film as
every turn I made produced another little pile of them. Isn't it just part of childhood?

You can tell from the smile she got a real scolding!!!!!!!!!

HALLOWEEN
This year we FINALLY went to a Halloween party of our friends in Twin. I never
in a million years would've thought Chris would dress up let alone be the HIT of the
party but you can see why.
So we totally surprised Tara and Lloyd and Tara just stood there looking at us
wondering who Chris was and was even stumped by me. She thought I was her
sons date. I will take it, she can mistake me for a high school girl anytime. We had
so much fun seeing all of our fun friends.
We had a fun night at the Pickering's and the kids had fun trick-or-treating in
the freezing cold rain. It happens every year nice days and evenings until Halloween
Night and then BRRRRR.

HAWAII
We went to Hawaii for Thanksgiving with Chris family. We had the best time!
We left our littlest but it made it so easy to snorkel, swim, tour til we dropped,
and just go non-stop the entire trip without worrying for her safety and well-being.
It was so much fun to be snorkeling on Thanksgiving Day in Hanauma Bay. What
a beautiful Island Oahu is. GREAT MEMORIES!!!! A few picture from our lay-over in
Seattle. It was the girls first time to fly so everything was sooooo exciting. My favorite
was the fact that right there larger than life as we got off the plane in Seattle was
none other than Elder L Tom Perry. What a great man to take the time and shake
our hands, it just made my day. He is so Tall!
We got in at 2:30 Utah time and Chris' Dad let us know we would need to be down
to the lobby by 8 in the A.M. for a 10 (that's right folks TEN) hour Bus Tour. It ended
up being awesome for a good view of the entire Island(nearly every square inch).
A few pics from this day. The highlight for me would of course involve food. We were
introduced to some mighty fine coconut ice cream YUM YUM! The food makes or
breaks the trip for me for sure.
Dole Plant-what beautiful grounds they have.
A view of Lani Kai from the rain forest, well pretty much the family.
Our first day on the beach. Cute Aunt Angie is helping the girls out with their
sand castle. Prepare yourself for one of the hottest bodies on the beach I saw that
day. Who can resist a good looking BODY in a SPEEDO no less YOW!!!
SERIOUSLY? And now a picture of me in a BIKINI! Quit covering your eyes and rocking back
and forth in the fetal position I was only joking.



Pearl Harbor and a tour of the Missouri

Pretty much this was something her Dad asked her to do and I was not around.
Gross, BED BUGS!Hanauma Bay
Thanksgiving Dinner at PF Chang's and I couldn't have been happier. I am telling
you what this is the way to go. Pretty much I insisted we get up at the crack of dawn our last morning there and
hike Diamond Head. A quick fun little hike with a GREAT VIEW! Just our little
family and the gorgeous Oahu sunrise.What a great vacation and then home to some snow and a broken furnace. A few wasps
decided to invade the pipe that leads to the outside and we came home to a VERY COLD
home. Hawaii how we miss you.One of Chris' accounts is the Vet for Lagoon and they had baby white tigers. The
tigers lived in their home with them for several months after their birth. A girl
Athena and a boy Titan (look for them at Lagoon). The week before they were
headed off to live at the park the Vet had us over to pet, cuddle, and wrestle with the
tigers. They were so COOL! They were beginning to really get their pouncing instinct
though and our littlest was not too sure of them. This was a once in a lifetime chance
I don't think we will ever be cuddling up to white tigers again.

Titan loved Chris' leather jacket. He bit through it a couple times too. They had there
main floor completely re done and new furniture too. Even with all the blankets
covering the couches they still went through and put holes in them. His wife said one
day she was home alone and was playing with Titan and he put her neck in his mouth
and she could sense him tensing up she bravely made a quick move and got away.

No comments:

Post a Comment