Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Why does summer have to go so fast?


SUMMER 2012

So I don't leave out one of the funnest things this spring was K's Baptism. The poor girl had to wait a few months due to BAJA!!!!!! Where are the priorities? She is so darn cute and is such a fun little girl. We just love this little one! It was such a special day with close friends and family.




Then it was time for EFY. This girl had a blast! She loves her some social life and let me tell you she was one sad little cookie to be home without something going on 24/7. As we dropped her off it was a reality check to the fact that college will be here before we know it. We loved the strong spirit and Testimony she came home with. What a great experience for her.....She is so darn beautiful on the inside and out!


Next up on the summer schedule was cheer camp for the youngest and Art City Days. Grandpa sure does set some fun traditions! We look forward to the rides, scones, food, and fun with cousins! 



Every Summer I can't wait to watch my girls in their dance recital. They all do such a great job and I love seeing all of their hard work! G did so awesome with her solo!!! So proud of her and ALL her hard work, YOU GO GIRL!



Next stop Lagoon! No summer is complete without a trip to good old Lagoon. Once a summer is plenty for me but that one day of fun a summer is a great tradition. The girls had a competition there and did so awesome. The funnest part about it, going the rides. The white roller coaster gets me every time, HAHA! What is it about that ride????? The Sounds it makes, you feel it is going to fall apart at any moment!!!!!!


Then came Moab!  We love the meeting that Chris has there every other summer. We stay up the canyon in these fun little cabins. The girls and I swim all day and of course eat. We look forward to at least one meal at "Pasta Jay's". If you have never had it make the trip and go eat there. YUMMY!!!!


Of course I hardly have any pictures from the summer. Our kids can't remember the fun things we do because I NEVER take a camera or, I take one and NEVER get it out!! The next trip was Lake Powell for Youth Conference. The youth are simply amazing! We had such a great time and amazingly enough   all the boats worked great and NO One had any major accidents. Just a bonk to a nose for one girl. So much fun!! Brought back memories of camping with the Condie's at Lake Powell, So Fun! Of course I took a camera but did I take it out NO. Others took some really fun photos though!

Next on the schedule was Chris' dirt bike trip he planned for several months. The Utah 500!!!! Took a group of over "20" I think? Noellie and I loaded up the kiddos and headed to St George and it took them nearly 3 days to dirt bike there. We had a great time watching the kids swim, going out to eat, shopping, and visiting. What a fun trip! The guys came in and were full of stories, dirt, and sweat (UGH)! They had a few challenges, a hill comparable to the "Widow Maker", but of course had the best time.


We had a few great trips to the ranch to ride the horses, four wheelers, and for the oldest to get her feel of driving. Love the time we get to spend there.

Girls Camp was so much fun this summer with the second oldest being with us. I love being up to Heber Valley Girls Camp. Amazing things happen there. I can't believe the experience I had this year. Did I mention that the youth are amazing! Such a special experience I will treasure forever!



Family reunion 2012! We have so much fun with  the family and cousins at our reunions. Such a fun time in Zion and of course a good old hike to Angel's Landing. I spent the night worrying that one of my girl's, or nieces or nephew would fall off the cliff! I was so scared the first time I went there because I had NO IDEA that I was in for some chain holding to keep me from falling. I think it helped immensely to know what I was in for. I still would never dream of letting my girls hike there on a day date (this was what kids did where I come from)

The older girls and I had a fun overnighter with some friends to down town Salt Lake to shop City Creek. So much fun! What a beautiful area and so quaint! Fun shopping, fun food, fun friends, and fun to see all of the families coming from recent weddings at the Temple.

Last but not least a trip to Cedar for Labor Day. This was a trip down memory lane for Dad. We did the walk to Squaw's Cave. It was really fun! Great summer but just went by Way Too Fast!!!














THANKS BROOKE for inspiring me to do a post! I loved yours and wish I knew how to comment! I will just need to give you a call....So many worries we have as MOM's!



















1 comment:

  1. Great post Kaylyn - I can't believe how grown up all of your girls are. Looks like it was a great summer. I may have to make a trip to Moab - I haven't been there in years! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete